Want to post?

Email photo's and/or story text to remusworldtour@gmail.com or post yourself.

Scroll down to the bottom for help

Monday, April 19, 2010

Circle of Friends
















I met Tad through my dear friend, Lauren McKissick. I remember that first night the three of us went to some popular spots downtown as the two of them were fairly new to the Denver nightlife! I was immediately comfortable talking to Tad, who reminded me of several of my own friends. Tad was a part of several nights out involving the BCOR trio (Lauren, Erin, and me), and was always such a great addition. I still appreciate the night we girls moved Tad and Lauren's kitchen table into the family room so we could carve pumpkins right there on the floor. Tad returned from the grocery store and threw a bag of m&ms our way- just what we needed :)

Most recently though, I smile at the night out at a new bar called the gaslamp, where we celebrated Erin's 30th birthday. Tad and Erin duked it out on the ping-pong table. Erin and the rest of the bar learned quickly that Tad could not be beat. For hours, Tad owned each of us, each of our friends, and random strangers at the bar determined to win table rights- to no avail. It was this night I learned that Tad is really good at everything! It was also this night that each of my friends took a liking to him. The first night meeting Tad, and already my pals were planning the next time they wanted to play him in ping-pong at the gaslamp. How quickly a circle of friends was born.

At this time, I know there was so much more to learn about Tad, and so many more memories to be had. The friendship was just beginning, and I am sorry it couldn't have developed further- it would have been great. I will carry those memories close to me as I continue my bond with Lauren. So many miss Tad, yet he will infinitely and forever make us all smile.

Janna Friedland

No comments:

Post a Comment