Want to post?

Email photo's and/or story text to remusworldtour@gmail.com or post yourself.

Scroll down to the bottom for help

Saturday, April 17, 2010

Backroads Stories – Stacy Loucks “Good Guy with Long Muscles”

Hearing of the sudden loss of someone that so many folks I know loved, inspired me to try to get to know Tad better myself. Sitting here in the office, I don't have the advantage of hearing some of his beloved co-leaders tell stories and remember him. So, I did what I have access to: his HR files and guest evals. Thought some of you might enjoy seeing what some of his guests have said about him over the years. They lovingly refer to him as "Tadpole", thought of him as family (even felt cared for like he was their Dad!), appreciated his "man pose",and even call him heroic. Who knew he saved a little girl's life? Here is a little, sweet, sampling:

• Very personable and helpful. Very knowledgeable about the geology of the area. Thanks for retrieving my purse one evening!!

• The perfect gentleman, host, mechanic, chief, cook and bottle washer.... Tad does it all and always with a perpetual smile on his face and a willingness to please. We could not have asked for better leaders!

• Outstanding! Tad had a knack for always showing up at just the right moment--when I got something in my eye and needed a helping hand; when I needed a lift up the steepest part of a hill (mountain?); he even showed up with the van one afternoon just as we saw the first streak of lightening.I would love to go on another tour with Tad! He is so positive, helpful, knowledgeable about the region and the routes and such good company!

• Wonderful, excellent, a delight - always on top of things, ready smile, great with the adults and the children on the trip. It would take paragraphs to tell it all. Tad has a wonderful ability to describe the area, geology, biology of the Tetons and Yellowstone. The kids all called him Tadpole because they loved him. Ask him about lunging.

• Great guy, do anything for you. He even laughed at my jokes.

• Tad was an excellent leader. He was wonderful with the kids, offering to sit at the kids table the last night for dinner. He was a class act through the entire trip. We had one guest that was always cracking (not always good) jokes and Tad had a wonderful way of interacting with the guest adding to the fun. Tad was very conscientious of our safety on the tougher climbs with the slick granite. But never took the fun out of the experience.

• I`m 46, but it was like having DAD watch over you. I can`t praise him highly enough

• Outstanding-always had a solution for any problem that occurred-great attitude. When the raft incident occurred, my husband said Tad was terrific and probably saved our granddaughter`s (Lauren) life-my husband can tell you more. We are most grateful. I got all of my info third-hand, but I also heard that the river guide steering the boat was dazed by the incident and was unable to be helpful in the rescue, whereas Tad was crucial to "saving the day!"


• Tad and Lauren are so much fun - I am still laughing at my pictures of Tad with the "man pose". The guy is crazy, but very fun! and I loved how Lauren "volunteered" us to do the hula dance (I really had a great time with that too!) Both were very knowledgeable of facts of the area - from the trees, culture, history, geography, etc. etc. By the end of the week, I felt as if both Tad and Lauren were like my family. I really enjoyed their company and already miss them. I would love to have them as my Leaders on future trips.

• Tad and Lauren work so well as a team that I`m only writing 1 descriptive comment. They were extremely (extend this adjective to everything that follows) knowledgeable, entertaining, the perfect hosts. They kept us moving along, but were completely supportive of everyone`s wants and needs. Here`s where I can differentiate a bit: Tad was heroic when I fell off the trail. (I am sure that Lauren would have reacted similarly but our group was split, so she didn`t have the opportunity to rescue me) When it comes to the hula, I have to say Lauren has it all over Tad. Every move, every gesture was graceful and expressive. Tad, to his credit, showed a lot of game. Together they made our experience just great.

And one of my personal favorites: " good guy with long muscles "

Hope this is a joy to read.

No comments:

Post a Comment