Want to post?

Email photo's and/or story text to remusworldtour@gmail.com or post yourself.

Scroll down to the bottom for help

Saturday, April 24, 2010

Carin Larkin “Miracle Whip”

always admired Tad for his commitment to be his best all of the time. Whether it was diligently working on Pre-Search or moving an entire camp during a downpour in the Tetons, Tad did everything on levels I can only admire. Like others I had the great pleasure of getting to know Tad. Working in the Tetons with him and the Tetons crew has been beyond memorable.
My favrite memory of Tad was when I made the mistake of saying "eww" when he pulled his beloved Miracle Whip out of the fridge. I think we spent a good twenty minutes debating Miracle Whip and mayo. I personally dislike both but especially despise Miracle Whip. Tad, being the midwest farmboy, adored his precious white condiment. I can't help but smile and laugh out loud remembering this. It was something we would joke about for the following years. For the rest of my life I will not shame the Miracle Whip label but will embrace it with a smile because I will be remembering a friend!
In agreeance with the rest of my Backroads family I am sad and will be missing Tad. I will miss his big heart, big smile, and big laugh.
Thank you Tad for being a part of my Backroads family!

Melissa Schmidt “Grumpy Old Man”

One of my favorite Tad memories was the Halloween of 2006 where he dressed up like a grumpy old man with grey hair, a bathrobe and boxers, slippers, and a walker complete with the tennis balls. He then puttered around with us all night clubbing in the city, perfectly enacting all that a grumpy old man would be at a dance club. It was perfect, the night was made even better by Tony dressed up as a baby in depends.

Kelly English “Sandwiches Come in Pairs”

I didn't know this until I met Tad. They only require two pieces of bread though (open-face sandos). Tad also taught me that Tad's 15 minute work-out from hell will leave you debilitated the next day. Tony and Tad once improved a song that brought me to the ground and tears to my eyes with hysterical laughter so quickly that my tummy hurt more than a work-out from so much laughter. Mr. Brightside has made me think of you since 2007. Tad your soul, smile, wit and humor will live in my memories forever!

No comments:

Post a Comment