Want to post?

Email photo's and/or story text to remusworldtour@gmail.com or post yourself.

Scroll down to the bottom for help

Monday, May 3, 2010

Final Letter...









Queenstown, New Zealand














Franz Josef Glacier, New Zealand

Dear Tad,

I've been thinking a lot the past few days, thinking if I had one more moment or one more day what would I have done differently, what would I have said. I know in times like these there are regrets and anger, there are more tears then you ever thought your body could possibly produce. I want you to know that although I have absolutely no control over the tears, I have no regrets either. I know that even though your time was short, you truly accomplished all your goals. You wanted to help people, you wanted to travel the world and you wanted to make people happy.
You've changed my life into something I never thought was possible. You taught e to live every day to the fullest and to live out my dreams. You taught me to explore, but stay true to my roots and myself. Your dreams were big, your personality was bigger and you loved with all your heart, but the wholesome qualities that lay underneath were from the small town you grew up in and the upbringing you experienced. You touched so many people and brought the best out in everyone.
I will always remember your construction paper creations, your email poems, and listening to you play the guitar. Our travels around the world, our first dance and your passion for music. I will alway remember that you were the "real" ping pong champion in the warehouse, that Daughtry and Nickleback are the only two bands that could hold a candle to Bon Jovi and that sanwiches should always come in pairs. Photos weren't meant to be serious, there is always and excuse to bring up the KU National Championship basketball game and that coffee is a drug...so get high on life, not on drugs. I will always remember your love for your family and friends, your zest for life and our unending search at every National Park to find the best "educational" game to bring home to Isa and Giani.

I will alway remember the way we would laugh together, dance as if no one was watching, and that every converstaion ended with a big smooch. I will always remember the way you looked deep into my eyes and touched my soul, the way you lived every day like it could have been your last, and the way you loved me.

You taught me that Miracle Whip made everything taste better, one should always carry sharpies and chap stick in their pocket, and how to take advantage of using the library. You taught me about farming, reach and balance and multi-directional lunges. That I had to learn the fundamentals of football as opposed to watching guys in tight pants, how to embrace every new experience with open arms and to eat with gusto.
If I had one more day, or one more moment...I wouldn't change a thing because knowing you these last few years, I have created some of my most lasting memories.

I loved being in love with you, loving you and being loved by you.
I promise, in time, I will continue to explore, to challenge myself and alway return my library books on time.
Peace, Love and Happiness,
Lauren





Moab, Utah


















Cascade to Paint Brush Canyon, Wyoming













Cascade to Paint Brush Canyon, Wyoming











Grand Teton National Park, Wyoming





1 comment:

  1. Amazing Lauren. I just came across this site tonight. I hope you're doing okay and I'd like to contribute to this page if possible.

    ReplyDelete