Want to post?

Email photo's and/or story text to remusworldtour@gmail.com or post yourself.

Scroll down to the bottom for help

Saturday, April 14, 2012

Missed and Admired

To be honest, I didn't know Tad as well as I would have liked. Unfortunately, living many states away prevented me from seeing him more often, but it was very easy to see what a special person Tad was even in the few times I did hang out with him.

It was also easy to see how special Tad was through Lauren's eyes. I have known Lauren for years and came out to visit her when she and Tad were living and working in Hawaii. I remember being there for a day or two before I was able to meet him because he was guiding tours. After a day of catering to guests, he met up with us with so much energy, I was taken aback. I had thought Lauren had the most energy and life of anyone I knew, but, as she herself said, she had met her match.

After that initial exuberant meeting, it became easy to see what Lauren saw in him. It seems cliche to talk about how special someone was after they have passed away, but Tad really was special. Every day Tad showed the kind of love for life that I feel lucky to feel now and again.

When I heard that Tad was no longer with us, I really felt that the world had lost a special person and my heart ached. Even I was surprised at how upset I was over the loss of someone I only knew but so well. Though I have cried many tears reading over the postings full of love that his friends and family have written on this blog, I also truly sense that those who knew him, despite their sadness, are better people for having known him--and that warms my heart. It is a special individual indeed who can touch the lives of even those who only knew but a fraction of his personality, and I can only hope that I can learn to be more like Tad.

You will always be missed and admired,

Meredith

2 comments: